The Fifth Person believes in spreading a message that financial literacy and sound investment knowledge can help people around the world achieve financial independence and lead better lives for themselves and their loved ones.
Our company and the knowledge we share is born of that mission.
So take a tour around our site and read the articles we have to share. There’s a lot of free and very useful content you can use right now to become a better investor. And we hope that the good stuff we have here will lead to smarter, more profitable investment decisions for you and the world at large.
Helping investors make more profitable investment decisions
As investors ourselves, here are some of the winning stock investments we’ve made. (Yes, like every other investor, we’ve made our losses too). You can find our analyses for these investments — both good and bad — on this website and through our investor memberships: The Investment Quadrant and Dividend Machines.
- Japan Food – 176% in three years
- Armstrong Industrial – 47% in two years
- Nera Telecommunications – 32% in one year
- Boustead Group – 121% in four years
- BreadTalk – 217.3% in five years
- Soup Restaurant – 63% in three years
- ARA Asset Management – 59.2% in four years
- LippoMall – 27% in 2.2 years
- Super Group – 243% in two years
- Yahoo – 106% in two years
- Tracker Fund of Hong Kong – 25% in two years
- Apple – 78% in 1.5 years
- Netflix – 210% in one year
- Premier Marketing – 74% in two years
- Cross-Habour Holdings – 92.2% in two years
- Major Cineplex – 105% in two years
In the media
The Fifth Person has featured in the media including Channel NewsAsia, The Business Times, AsiaOne, Business Insider, NewsLoop, and on national radio on Money FM 89.3 and 938LIVE. The Fifth Person was also featured on the CPF’s lifetime retirement investment scheme video.
2018 & 2020 SGX Orb Award winner
In 2018 and 2020, The Fifth Person won best independent investment website in the ‘GoTo.com’ category at the SGX Orb Awards organised by the Singapore Exchange (SGX). The award recognises the independent website or blog that most empowers investors to make educated decisions with their money.
The SGX Orb Awards was first launched in 2018 to recognise excellence in financial journalism and content in an evolving media landscape.
The people behind The Fifth Person
Rusmin Ang is an investor and co-founder of The Fifth Person. His investment articles have been published in The Business Times (BT Invest) and AsiaOne. He has been featured on national media including Channel NewsAsia, 938LIVE, and Money FM 89.3 for his views and insights on how to invest successfully in the stock market.
Rusmin was a former SIAEC scholar who gave up his scholarship and a cushy career to follow his itch of learning how to be a better investor and lead a life of financial independence. He believes that anyone can achieve financial peace-of-mind by investing intelligently and safely for the long term.
Victor Chng is an investor and co-founder of The Fifth Person. His investment articles have been published in The Business Times (BT Invest) and AsiaOne, and he has appeared on national radio on 938LIVE and Money FM 89.3 for hisinsights on how to invest successfully in the stock market. He holds a CFA® Level I qualification.
Victor represented Singapore in the 2008 TAFISA World Games in Busan, South Korea and was the 2008 IFMA World Muay Thai Championship bronze medalist, kicking some serious ass along the way.
Adam is the editor-in-chief of The Fifth Person. He is also the author of the national bestseller Lucky Bastard! which made the Sunday Times Top 10 Bestseller’s List in 2009 and Value Investing Made Easy, which made the Kinokuniya Business Bestseller’s List in 2013. He also appeared on U.S. national television on The Balancing Act in 2010. An investor himself, Adam shares his personal thoughts and opinions as he journals his investing journey online.
Our core values
Since we founded in 2014, we have realized that our values are fundamental to what we and The Fifth Person stand for. Our core values and what we believe in serve as our guiding principles in our relationships with all our stakeholders — including our clients, members, and readers.
These are our core values:
- Honesty is essential to all our relationships and will never be compromised.
- We are accountable for all our decisions, actions, and results.
- We are precise in our facts and research to help people make better, more profitable investment decisions.
- We are people-focused and ensure we add value to and inspire the people that interact with us (our readers and subscribers) because we recognize that they come to us by choice.
- We take a long-term view and never sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
- We are invested in the learning & growth of all our clients, employees, and stakeholders.
We sincerely hope that you see these values reflected in every article we publish, the research we do, and in your everyday experience with us as individuals and as a company. Only with the support of our members, readers and anyone who continues to find value in what we produce, is there a reason for The Fifth Person to exist. Simply put, we wouldn’t be here without you 🙂